So, some clever person at VMware has built some awesome walk-throughs of a few of the new features/products that were announced at VMworld 2013.
There’s a solid walk-through of VDP, showing step-by-step overviews of:
- creating a backup job for a VM using web-client
- restoring a VM using web-client
- restoring a VM directly to a vSphere host (from the VDP appliance)
- performing a file level restore
- replicating VDP backup to EMC Avamar (a very useful walk-through!)
There are also additional overviews of App HA, vSphere Replication, vSphere Flash Read Cache and vSAN…
VMware had loads of ‘canned demos’ which I have used in the past to show clients demos of their products, but they were all on my laptop which I then had to lug around to every meeting… not to mention they always expired!!
I find this new walk-through website a far better option, not to mention it’s a far cleaner interface…. plus because it’s online, I can now leave my laptop at home! =)
Just need some walk-throughs of vCOPs….. =)