After the past 3 years of attending VMworld in Barcelona and packing my schedule full of sessions causing me to run between sessions and grab lunch on the go, I swore to myself that this year I would be more selective with my sessions so that I’m not rushing around like a headless chicken…..
…. Unfortunately I’ve failed in my scheduling prowess….. when the Schedule Builder was released, I pretty much went through the whole content catalog and selected all the interesting sessions I wanted to attend, and basically ended up with another packed out calendar!! >_<”
Dammit… why are there sooo many interesting sessions at VMworld and sooo little time to schedule them all in! I remember watching at least a dozen video replays of sessions I couldn’t attend last year…. I’m now trying to work out whether to attend the sessions in real life or just watch a virtual replay post-VMworld!
Given my hectic schedule…. I wouldn’t be surprised if I end up in the Top 10 yet again in the VMworld attendee game (shame there aren’t any prizes).
I’ve got a packed out PEX day, including trying to fit in my VCP6-DCV Delta exam in the morning….. Best have a quiet Sunday night!
Anyways, if you’re going to VMworld then you’ll find me in these sessions!
Tuesday 18th October:
- VMware NSX-Deep Dive [NET9152]
- The Practical Path to NSX [NET8675]
- What’s New with vSphere [INF8375]
- Reference Design for SDDC with NSX and vSphere: Part 1 [NET7857R]
- Reference Design for SDDC with NSX and vSphere: Part 2 [NET7858R]
Wednesday 19th October:
- Monitoring and Troubleshooting NSX with vRealize Network Insight (Arkin) [NET8241]
- vSphere Client Roadmap: Host Client, HTML5 Client, and Web Client [INF8172]
- Operational Best Practices for VMware NSX [NET7865]
- What’s New with vCenter Server [INF9944]
- VMware Cloud Foundation Architecture Deep Dive [SDDC8481]
Thursday 20th October:
- Virtual Volumes Technical Deep Dive [STO7645]
- Enhanced Disaster Recovery with NSX and Site Recovery Manager [NET7760]
- Simplifying Disaster Recovery in 2016 using VSAN, NSX and SRM [STO7802]
- Introducing VMware Cloud Foundation [SDDC8618]
Sessions down for post-VMworld viewing:
- Software-Defined Storage at VMware Primer [STO7650]
- Virtual SAN Technical Deep Dive and What’s New [STO8246]
- Hot Topics in VMware Research [CTO9406]
- Tech Preview: Enhanced VM Availability Leveraging vCenter and Partner Hardware Integration [INF8020]
- Discover What’s New in Workspace ONE and AirWatch [EUC3908-C]
- VSAN Vision: The Future of HCI [STO9424]
- vSphere Encryption Deep Dive: Technology Preview [INF8856]
- VMware Cloud Foundation on Public Clouds: A Technical Deep-Dive [INF7849]
It’s strange that Chad Sakac is no longer presenting his session (The Edge is Still Bleeding: A face-melting technical smorgasbord of all things Converged, Hyper-Converged, Cloud Native & Software Defined [SDDC9462-SPO]) – he’s been replaced by Tom O’Reilly….. such a shame as he’s a great presenter! At least Vaughn Stewart is back this year (Best Practices for All-Flash Data Reduction Arrays with VMware vSphere [INF9455-SPO])!
As you can see, my sessions are heavily skewed towards NSX, and that’s because MTI are a VMware NSX Focus Partner in UK and I’m always after more material to use within my NSX presentation decks. Not to mention that NSX is a focused product from VMware this year (how many times have I said that now in my blogs?)….
Roll on VMworld 2016!