With all the news around vSphere 6.5, one might forget that the majority of customers are still probably running 6.0….. at least VMware haven’t forgotten about you guys! =)
vSphere 6.0 Update 3 was released last week and with it updates to vCenter Server, vSAN, vSphere Replication.
I can’t see anything major within the new update for vSphere/vCenter – minor update to ESXi Host Client, and support for Transport Layer Security (TLS) protocol.
Biggest update seems to be with vSAN 6.2 with some important fixes to aid with vSAN performance issues relating to large sequential writes and large file deletes when vSAN data services is turned on (such as dedupe and compression). Optimisation has also been made to the checksum code path. Details are available through VMware KB article vSAN performance enhancements delivered with vSphere 6.0 Update 3
- vSphere 6.0U3 – release notes
- vCenter Server 6.0U3 – release notes
- vSAN 6.2 – release notes
- vSphere Replication 6.1.2 – release notes
Other products released:
- Site Recovery Manager 6.1.2 – release notes
- vRealize Log Insight 4.3.0 – release notes
- vRealize Operations Manager 6.5 – release notes
- vRealize Business for Cloud 7.2.1 – release notes
- vRealize Network Insight 3.3 – release notes
- NSX for vSphere 6.3.1 – release notes (more info about the new version of NSX can be found here)
- vCloud Director 8.20 – release notes (note this is only for VMware Service Providers)